Saturday, January 9, 2010

To med or not to med

Did I mention I don't like medicine that's happening to me? Iron was fine, that was a nice, straightforward solution. And it miraculously made all the other symptoms decrease so much that I was happy to consider them gone. Now that I'm paying more attention to it, I realize that they aren't really gone, just masked a bit. The abdominal pain is still there, but so damped down that I don't really consider it pain--just a constant slight unease, like I overate and just have to wait it out. It's easy to ignore moment to moment.

I should be glad that things with the doctors are moving along so fast. I'm sure if they were't I would be fretting my guts out (wait, didn't I already sort of do that?). However, I think I might not have minded having a day or two to pretend that things are normal. As my doctor sister pointed out, nothing has really changed.

The meds in question are asacol and prednisone. Prednisone is one of those scary names, which I prefer to apply to other people's (or dogs') treatment plans. I never heard anything about asacol until being told I was supposed to take nine tablets a day of it. The internet being what it is, it's way too easy to find all the bad effects people have suffered from these drugs.

No comments: