Friday, December 25, 2009

Cleancleanclean

Cleaning is proving to be a challenge. Yesterday was the easy bit--shuffling stuff from the living room until it was all in respective piles. Turns out it's hard to get beyond that point. Every surface is dusty, and choosing a spot to start sweeping is harder than it looks (the more motile dust bunnies escape to all four corners. Some of them take refuge on the carpet, which means I'm going to have to vaccuum too. I just vaccuumed a month ago!)

I also have a lot of recycling and garbage to take down to the basement. This sounds less intimidating than it really is. To take anything to the basement requires the unlocking and wrenching open of one door, traversing the stairs, and unlocking and shoving open a second door. It's not truly strenuous, but around the third trip I get really tired of the doors smugly slamming themselves shut as soon as I let go of the handle.

I took a break to make spritz cookies. I found the recipe in a batch of post-it notes on the refrigerator, which I think have been there for two years. Yum, spritz. Butter! I ate three or four and my tongue went numb, which I think means metronidazole is incompatible with almond extract. Pity. It's probably more important for me to finish the antibiotics than the cookies.

At least there's lots of commercial-free Christmas music on the radio!

No comments: