Thursday, January 29, 2009

Really ought-tos

I really ought to study more.
I really ought to get more sleep.
I really ought to get fewer groceries (but...chocolate!)
I really ought to not sign up for an overloaded semester...oh, wait, already did.

It's hard to be enthusiastic in anything other than short bursts right now. I like when school is neat, clean, limited to lecture halls and labs with pristine microscopes. But this semester I'm dissecting cows and horses, and must venture out every week to work with live ones in a cold barn. I'm dreading the commute more than anything. And some part of my brain decided it would be good experience for me to sign up for shifts in the large animal barn and a job in the small animal surgery. Which, since they are considerate of students having lecture during the day, has all the shifts going from 6:30 pm to 8 am the next morning. Granted, it's on call, but then that just means getting called in at 4 am, the morning of a school day. And buses don't run at that time. Was I insane? *nodding head vigorously*

But all this griping is done on the assumption that I'm temporarily ruffled and, once I start in on all of the above, its sheer fascinatingness will win me over.

For now, though, hand me the chocolate.

No comments: