Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wintergreen

One very windswept looking wintergreen plant arrived for me today. It has kept me company while I study for equine medicine tomorrow. I spent rather longer out in the garden than I planned (as usual...but the potatoes MUST be planted!), so now I stay up extra late to make it through all the respiratory, gastrointestinal, and nutritional quirks of horses.

This whole section is getting shortchanged on study time. Large animal surgery took four whole days to study for (more would have been nice), and this section just gets about half a day, since I kept getting distracted by things like exercise, making dinner, visiting friends who were temporarily in the hospital-- you know, luxuries. Oh, and my dog has a huge abdominal mass. If I can figure out the timing, he'll go to surgery this week and I'll get to watch, but only if it fits in around the radiology and anesthesiology finals.

No comments: