Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dairy cows

I went and hung out with vet students this evening. Hoard's Dairyman, which is THE magazine of the dairy world, has an annual judging contest where you look at sets of cows and rank them. So we were sitting around a room staring at glossy magazine pages of Holsteins and Jerseys and Brown Swiss, occasionally saying things like, "I really like A's udder in the front, but D has better teats."

All my cow judging experience is with beef, so I don't know that I was picking them out on quite the right criteria. But anytime I get free pizza and chocolate sounds like a good time to me!

Now, however, I have the prospect of studying looming ahead of me...It will be hard to kick myself into gear for it tonight, because we have no exams for a couple of weeks, so there's no sense of priority. On the other hand, I wasted all my time last night discovering that there are very few good wedding dresses out there that that can double as belly dance outfits. (A belly dancer friend who got married had a beautiful, very structured dress that looked great but did not move well at all.) Not a very fruitful search. And since there will be a lot of time before this question of wedding dresses is even relevant, I imagine my time is much better spent learning about infectious disease.

*attempting to muster enthusiasm*

All righty. Path notes, I shall overcome!


No comments: