Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting sick just in time for finals

But I swear, it's not swine flu. For one thing, it started before the frantic media did, and secondly, it's pretty much staying at the sore throat and feeling lousy level. For once I actually studied for the majority of the time I was awake, this weekend. Sleep, wake up and study, sleep. As for my favorite recreational activity, grocery shopping...there seems to be no point when all your dietary needs are being met by chicken bouillion cubes and cough drops. The biggest question is whether I'm going to beg off palpating live cows and horses this afternoon. More sleep would be sooo nice.

Exam run-down:
Today was reproductive phys, which was challenging mostly because we have no old exams to look at. The multiple choice q's start out with a complicated set up and then want a fairly nuanced answer, like just how exactly a hormonal supplement is going to affect the a)sperm production b) testosterone c)hyp-pit axis... of a cryptorchid. I think that may have been the worst of it, actually. Although it always worries me when I end up with five b's or c's in a row on the bubble sheet.

Then in two days comes Biochem, scary mainly because it is biochem. That's everything for this week, thankfully. On the other hand, that means Neuro, Anatomy, Radiology, and nutrition are all somehow going to be next week. Anatomy would be most terrifying, except I have spent so much time in lab that I've reached that blissful stage where even arteries and nerves start looking familiar. Instead of "I think that might possibly be the femoral artery but I can't totally be sure because there's so many other whitish tubules in this section," it's more: "Yeah, that looks like a femoral artery. Next!"

Of course, some study is in order. There are, after all, a LOT of whitish tubules in the hindlimb.

No comments: